Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fourth Quarter

It is really intriguing how another individual's frame of reference can change your mind; or even make you think about something differently about something you've embraced.  I just read a colleugues blog on what the fourth quarter means through their lense.  I have for the last two years embraced "it's fourth quarter finish strong". 

In my eyes which meant to re-evaluate where I am with any goals and decide whether to scale back or move forward, readjust my plan to have some level of success on December 31.   The blog that I read said the point of any fourth quarter is to make your point.   That is in goal setting, basket ball or whatever.  It's fourth quarter; do it or forget it.  Cause you know what the time is up!   Interesting point of view. 

Take for instance most sales representatives; the fourth quarter is where a major push is given.  Finish strong and do whatever it takes to finish strong.   Most sales people try to do a lot during the fourth quarter;  because in essence we know our times up.  It's harvest time and sales are ripe for the picking or we hope.  If we have slacked, now is a good time to give it all you got! I usually finish strong on the things that I've been working on and the momentum usually starts at the end of the second quarter for me.   If it starts in the second quarter I can anticipate it as a finish strong in the fourth quarter.   My fourth quarter is usually slow and that is because what I've started in second quarter finishes in the early part of the fourth quarter.  Then I'm left with what do I need to do now....  I guess I've made my point early on.   Going forward I think I'll plan more goals that begin in the 2nd quarter that can expand through the fourth quarter.  All a matter of planning.  If you fail to plan then you plan to fail.  And I don't plan to fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment