Followers

Friday, October 26, 2012

Gaining and maintaining the lead position

I've known this analogy for sometime, however, I'd like to share it with you all.  What it cost to get and maintain the lead position. 

If you decide to think about trying out for the position on an athletic team or any team for that matter.  It might be in the workforce the choice is up to you; however, if it is a lead position consider the what has to happen with you internally.

There are three areas of conciousness you should effectively address 1.  Self-  Am I good enough to try out for this position.  Do I have what it takes?  2.  Once I've  determined that I have the shinagrin to tryout for the position,  am I ready compete against the competion on the team?  (someone ultimately always wants what you want) and 3.  Once you are the successful candidate after the tryouts amongst the team and you have secured the lead position it is now time to compete against the actual opposing team.  If you look at it there are three battles that occur:   The first being with self - Am I capable can I actually complete against my team members?  2. The competiton of the team -  They want the spot too.  Am I really that good to represent the team?   3.  The actual covet position is now yours because you beat the battle with self and tried and they you overcame the competition to gain the lead position.   Now and only now do you get to compete for the team against the actual stated competiton.  I wonder if most people think about that when they begin to go after what it is they THINK they really want?   I personally refer to this as adding up the cost emotinally and mentally.  I use this everytime I think of going after something I believe I want so dearly in my life.   I can have it, however, do I want it bad enough?  Good question to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment